Face yoga exercises for droopy eyelids
Written by Vera KarimovaUpdated on 26 Sep 2022
Face yoga exercises for droopy eyelids
Written by Vera Karimova.Updated at 26 Sep 2022
Wide-open eyes can add to one’s attractiveness, creating the image of an open and cheerful personality. After all, the eyes are the windows to the soul, and it’s nice when these windows aren’t shaded with heavy drapes. However, with age, as the skin loses elasticity, eyelids can start sagging and drooping. The extra skin creases create a tired look and can dim the natural brightness of your eyes. Face yoga is an easy way to tighten up the skin around the eyes. Do it daily to build up a more elastic and healthy skin on your eyelids.
How face yoga can help your eyelids?The sensitive skin around the eyes lacks its own moisturizing sebum glands. Besides, the skin here is less than 1mm thick, the thinnest in the body. Add here the fact that the blood vessels lie really close to the skin in the eyelids area, and you will get the skin patches that are easy to dry, easy to crackle, and prone to the appearance of dark circles. Luckily, there are several great ways to take good care of the skin around your eye, and tighten up the eyelids. Other than good eye products, try looking into homemade remedies, light facials, and the face yoga exercises for the eyelids. Used consistently, these measures will keep your eye area free of fine lines and dark circles. Besides being helpful for restoring youthful appearance, the eyelid exercises can be helpful in relieving stress. This is especially important if you have gotten to the stage where stress is manifested through the eye twitch or eyelid ptosis. Do the exercises below twice a day to keep your glance piercing and your eyes – bright and shining.
Face yoga exercises for droopy eyelidsThe face yoga exercises for the eyelids are targeted at the orbicularis oculi, the muscles around your eyes, and also at the muscles that connect them to the forehead – the frontalis muscles. When toned and tightened, all these muscles pump up the skin from the inside. It helps even out the skin around the eyes, as well as lift and freshen up the hooded eyelids.
Exercise 1: Wide eyesNot only you can repeat it just as many times as you want, this exercise is also extremely easy and can be done anywhere. How to do it:
- Open the eyes as wide as possible for about 5 seconds.
- Relax the eyes for 5 seconds.
- Continue for 30 seconds.
Exercise 2: Speed blinkerThis exercise works like cardio for the eyelids muscles. Easy to perform, it is a great go-to exercise if you need to freshen up your gaze quickly. How to do it:
- Use two fingers to press gently against each temple.
- Open and close the eyes rapidly.
- Continue for about 20 seconds.
Exercise 3: Eyelids lifterThis exercise helps to stretch to smooth lines and wrinkles on your eyelids. Don’t put too much pressure. A good rule is to apply a little less effort than you deem needed. How to do it:
- Sit down and close your eyes.
- With your lids relaxed, use your index fingers to lift up your eyebrows, creating triangles of your eyelids.
- While lifting, keep your eyes closed to stretch your eyelids as far as possible.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds, then relax and repeat 10 times.
Exercise 4: Binocular poseBinocular pose helps to lift the muscles and tone up the droopy eyelids. It also reduces wrinkling on your brow, creating a more relaxed forehead. How to do it:
- Cup both your hands and place them over your eyes like binoculars.
- Apply pressure to avoid forehead wrinkling.
- Close your eyes, and relax your face.
- Open your eyes as wide as possible.
- Hold for 5 seconds and relax again.
- Repeat 2 times.
Exercise 5: Blink with a twistThis simple exercise is great to end your day, to help take stress off your eyes. It is easy, and it helps eyes relax and restore. How to do it:
- Take your index fingers and position them on your temples.
- Place your thumb below the eye area.
- Stretch the skin slightly and hold.
- Close your eyes and open them again. Avoid wrinkling the skin around the eye area.
- Repeat 20-30 times.